1. The image to the left is by the Iranian painter Feeroozeh Golmohammadi.
2. I’m not generally a fan of protectionism, but here’s a list of great American companies that make stylish and cool stuff.
3. Why meetings are bad for creativity: makers schedule their time in half-day chunks, managers in hour-long slots.
4. Does closing roads cut delays? The Christian Science Monitor tackles Braess’s paradox.
5. Foreign Policy reviews the record on assassinations and offers a defense.
6. Urban planners think too small: it’s all about the megaregion now.