Skip to content
- Happiness studies say parenthood is bad for you. Probably this tells us more about happiness studies than happiness.
- Lisa Feldman Barrett: What Emotions Are (and Aren’t)
- Five Philosophy Books for Children
- Emily Oster: Everybody Calm Down about Breastfeeding (But see also)
- “Knowing whom to ask and also how to ask is also often more valuable than a detailed knowledge of a cuisine per se.”
- Peter Levine stands with Ukraine: “The reason that liberals are influential in Ukraine and vanishingly marginal in Russia is not that Ukrainians are superior to Russians. No people is superior, and in any case, the differences in their current situations can probably be traced to local and recent contingencies, such as the greater efficiency of the Russian security and media agencies and the flood of petrodollars that fund them. But the fact remains that Ukrainians who are cosmopolitan, liberal, and republican hold considerable power in their country, and there is nothing similar right now in Russia.”